The user-friendly text provides a clear and exhaustive analysis of the law including case law and its application, wording of the statutory provision, plus expert commentary and analysis of the practical issues. Thoroughly updated to take account of new case law and statutory updates. This edition includes a new chapter on health and medicine. This title covers the law in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- A new section dealing with the application of the General Prohibition in the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 to consumer investments.
- A new section dealing with the Financial Ombudsman Service and its operation in relation to the consumer credit jurisdiction.
- Updates on time limits for commencing criminal proceedings following developments from the Bakers of Nailsea case.
- Full analysis of local authority cross border jurisdiction following the Court of Appeal’s consideration of Schedule 5 of the Consumer Rights Act 2015.
- Continued and detailed analysis of changes in the law following Brexit.
- Full updating of cases and statutes and a restructuring of all chapters.